Tree Branch Collection and Chipping
The Village of Schiller Park’s Brush Collection Program begins at the end of March each year. Please reference the Village calendar to see the exact date. It is not necessary to call for brush collection or to create a Customer Service Request.
Brush must be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM every Tuesday during chipping season. In some cases it may take crews more than one day to complete pick-up.
- Branches are to be neatly placed curbside with the cut ends toward the street. Unorganized or tangled brush piles will not be collected and the resident will be asked to re-stack the pile.
- Only branches from trees and bushes (up to eight inches in diameter at the cut end) will be eligible for pick-up.
- Branches may be any length, though the ends must be cleanly cut with no attached root systems.
- Items larger than eight inches in diameter, materials such as construction wood, branches with nails or spikes, wooden fence pieces/doors, firewood logs, rose bushes, poison ivy, small hedge/ evergreen trimmings, and yard rakings cannot be mulched and must be disposed of by the resident through other means.
- Contractor generated brush will not be collected.
Yard Waste Disposal
Residents are encouraged to use the yard waste disposal program provided through Flood Brothers. Yard waste is collected from the first Tuesday in April to the last Tuesday in November only.
Yard waste pickup is handled by the Village garbage contractor Flood Brothers and is picked up on Tuesdays, along with residents regular trash and recycling pickup. Yard waste must be put out in 32-gallon containers marked with a "Yard Waste Only" sticker or in biodegradable paper bags which are folded at the top. Yard waste that is too large for bags (such as branches or brush) may be tied up using biodegradable twine and left at the curb with other yard waste.
Larger brush piles must be bundled using garden string or twine. The bundle size is restricted to 4’ in length, 2’ diameter, and no heavier than 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 3” in diameter.