Electricity Aggregation Warning
Unfortunately, the Village has determined that several competing electric suppliers are targeting communities like Schiller Park that have saved money for their residents through aggregating of electricity accounts. Some contact with Village residents is being made on a door to door basis, but in many other instances competing suppliers are contacting residents by phone. Some of these companies are incorrectly suggesting that they represent Com Ed or the Village’s winning aggregating supplier, First Energy. They are then falsely claiming that the resident needs to sign up with them to participate in the aggregation. In short these companies are engaging in these questionable practices to try to capitalize on the publicity regarding our money saving aggregation program to sign up customers at a higher rate than the Village aggregation program rate of 4.85 cents per kilowatt hour for residential power.
Based on the above described problem the Village would like to remind residents that:
1. The Village knows of no other offerings available to residents with lower pricing that the Village program.
2. Residents do not need to give their account number to anyone to participate in the Village’s aggregation program.
3. Residents do not need to sign up with anyone to participate in the Village aggregation program.
4. The Village’s aggregating supplier, First Energy, will not contact residents in person or by phone.
5. Anyone who signs up with an agent will definitely be excluded from the Village aggregation program.
Please keep this information in mind if you are contacted by a supplier seeking to sign you up for electricity through their company. If you have any questions about this article or electricity aggregation generally please contact the Village at (847) 678-2550.