Mission Statement, Vision, & Goals of the Schiller Park Fire Department
The Schiller Park Fire Department is dedicated to rapid, reliable, compassionate professional service to the residents, taxpayers and visitors of the Village of Schiller Park. We are committed to emergency medical care, saving lives and protecting property in our community.
All department members, resources, and activities are dedicated to providing the highest quality fire suppression, emergency medical care, and hazard abatement, together with aggressive code enforcement and effective public education.
The Fire Department will actively participate in our community, serve as role models, and strive to effectively and efficiently utilize all of the necessary resources at our command to provide a service deemed excellent by our community and our members.
It is the responsibility of each member to support the mission by subscribing to the following basic core values:
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve that confidence through our attitude, conduct, and accomplishments.
- The safety of the public is of paramount importance, followed closely by the safety of our members.
- All persons and customers are entitled to our best efforts.
- Honesty, fairness, character and integrity will not be compromised.
- Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage as individuals and as an organization.
- Members are continually encouraged to improve themselves as individuals and employees.
- The free exchange of ideas is encouraged.
- We will provide professional, courteous, and quality service at all times.
The goals of the Schiller Park Fire Department are:
- Recognition as an exemplary, innovative agency by our members, our peers and our community.
- Provide an adequate number of competently trained personnel equipped with the necessary personal protection devices and response equipment to react to requests for help.
- To purchase and pro-actively maintain the apparatus and equipment necessary to provide adequate response capabilities.
- To actively seek the reduction of fire occurrences and injury through public safety education, fire prevention programs and code enforcement.